Destinywins.com website is owned and operated by ASAS Consulting Pte Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of ASAS Group of Companies. Destinywins.com website is the medium through which a range of lottery-based gaming activities are transacted. This Policy applies to Destinywins and use of terms ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to Destinywins. The use of the term ‘you’ refers to you as the Customer.
This Policy provides an overview of how we collect, store, and use Personal Information. This Policy also details how you can access and update your Personal Information or make a complaint.
We are committed to the protection of the Personal Information of individuals, and to maintaining the highest possible standards of privacy. We seek to implement practices, procedures, and systems that comply with the Privacy Act.
Personal Information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably determined;
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act ;
Website means our website; Destinywins.com.
- What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
This Policy applies to Personal Information. What Personal Information we collect, and hold will depend upon the nature of your dealings with us as well as the requirement of applicable laws, regulations, and licence conditions. We may collect, for example, the following Personal Information:
• Date of birth
• Mailing address
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Financial institution account details
• Credit card details
• Information on identity verification documents which we require for account registration
• Usernames and passwords for your account
To protect against fraudulent activities, we may require Customers to identify themselves when purchasing lottery tickets. This is at our sole discretion.
We may also collect non-personal information, which does not identify you as an individual, for analytical purposes. This information may include, for example, when you visit our Website, we may collect your internet protocol (IP) address, user information in an aggregate, non-personal, format for statistical and research purposes. This information is provided to the Beneficiaries as part of their record keeping obligations and may be used if requested by government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Why and how we collect Personal Information
We may use Personal Information collected to:
- Verify a Customer’s identity;
• Provide a Customer with, and assist in subscription to, lottery products and services;
• Record and register Customer lottery purchases and other transactions with us and manage accounts held with us;
• Notify Customers of, and provide them with, any lottery winnings;
• Administer and manage our business services including in relation to charging and billing;
• Research and develop our services and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading these systems;
• Unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of relevant functions relating to the provision of lottery and marketing products and services and only for the primary purpose of providing those functions;
• Professional advisers and authorised representatives (including but not limited to accountants, auditors and legal advisers) but only upon receipt of Customer’s written authorisation;
• Courts, Government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law;
• Communicate new products and services available to Customers for marketing purposes, including advising of the opportunity to take up special promotions and offers. An ‘opt-out’ option will be provided in any of this type of communication;
• Conduct appropriate checks to protect against fraud;
• Address any query, feedback, or complaints you may have; and
• Promote and market our current and future services and businesses to you.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other reasons we are required to use Personal Information in order to provide our services.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to organisations outside us, in order to provide our services to you. It is only disclosed in order for us to provide those services. These other organisations may carry out the following:
• Mailing operations;
• Marketing, telemarketing, and door knocking services; and
• Market research.
By purchasing a ticket you will be opted into receiving future marketing communications by us. If you would like to opt out of this feature, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
What are ‘cookies’?
- Our website uses ‘cookies’.
• ‘Cookies’ are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser.
• ‘Cookies’ enable our system to recognise your browser and maintain your purchasing details in your shopping basket. They also allow us to track the user across multiple sessions for analytical purposes
• By disabling ‘cookies’, you will not be able to participate in some of the features offered by us.
• Most Internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive ‘cookies’, you may adjust your Internet browser to disable or to warn you when ‘cookies’ are used. As there are many browsers in the marketplace, the easiest way to change your settings is by searching for ‘cookies’ in your Help/Contents and Index options on your browser.
• We recommend that you leave your ‘cookies’ enabled; otherwise you may have difficulty trying to purchase lottery entries with us.
• Our ‘cookies’ don’t send us back any information about your computer (except your IP address) or any other information on your hard drive.
- Use and disclosure of Personal information
We collect Personal Information for the purpose of administering lottery based gaming activities, ensuring Customers who win prizes receive their winnings and improving the services we provide.
Should a Customer win a prize, we will not publish or disclose that Customer’s identity to any third parties without their explicit prior consent, unless otherwise permitted under the Campaign Terms and Conditions.
We may provide Personal Information, data and statistics about Customers, our sales, and any related website information to reputable third parties. This information is used for business purposes for example for analytical purposes.
- Personal Information Security
We are committed to the protection of Customers Personal Information from unauthorized access. We use a range of security mechanisms and procedures to protect the Personal Information we hold.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure your Personal Information is stored securely both in electronic and physical forms. However, there may be risks associated when transferring your Personal Information to us from other internet facilities or by email.
Personal Information that is no longer required will be destroyed. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party organisations we deal with are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of Customer’s Personal Information.
- Important Notice: cross-border disclosures
By providing your Personal Information to us, you consent to disclosures to third parties who may be located outside the Republic of Fiji Islands. That third party may store your Personal Information but are not permitted to re-sell, use, or share that Personal Information without our permission.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipients take steps to protect your privacy. However, you acknowledge that we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient, nor will you be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act for any use or breach by the overseas recipient. You also acknowledge that the overseas recipient may not be subject to similar laws or principles as under Fiji privacy law.
- Access to Personal Information
You have the right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the Personal Information held about you. If you wish to exercise this right, or if you believe that the information is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, you should either correct/update the information through Destinywins.com website by logging into My Account using your username and password, or contact us.
All requests to access Personal Information must be made in writing or by email and addressed to the Privacy Officer at the addresses listed at the end of this document. It is our policy to respond to any such request within a reasonable period of time after the request is received. We will not charge you for making requests to access any information held about you, however, we reserve the right to undertake cost recovery for the provision of such information where it is justified.
If there is a reason for not granting you access to your information, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to do so) and inform you of the mechanisms to complain about the refusal.
- Enquiries and Complaints
Information about the Privacy Act can be found on the Fiji Government website (details below).
If you have a complaint regarding our management of your Personal Information, wish to correct information held by us or require further information, please contact us. Our policy is to respond to your complaint, correction request or query within a reasonable period of time after the complaint is received.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Attorney General by contacting (679) 330 9866 or by visiting the website www.ag.gov.fj.